Towards the middle of this past month, May 17, to be exact, this site, ReNude Pride, received a very unexpected honor of being nominated by a fellow blogger for the Blogger Recognition Award. I was quite surprised and – naturally – flattered to be even considered a nominee. I delayed announcing this until now as I thought it would be appropriate to post the announcement during Pride Month. Anytime a fellow blogger decides to recognize another is indeed an accomplishment worthy of pride, at least in my humble opinion.
The above graphic is the award along with a purse of uncut diamonds, an all-expenses paid round-trip to Tahiti and a lifetime supply of decadent chocolate cake. Seriously, everything except the graphic is facetious. The diamonds, the trip and the dessert I added just to create a minor moment of envy (and delightfully cause my nominator a minor coronary). The award graphic is more than enough recognition.
Pace Of Mind Blog (click to view) is my award nominator. The author, Brent, is a same gender loving (gay) man who lives in Australia and actively plays competitive netball. I’ve been following his blog for almost a year now. He has two weekly features that he publishes, Man Crush Monday and Tune Tuesday. The Monday post features images of a different male who has obviously caught both his attention and his fantasy. The Tuesday post features musical tunes that he enjoys. The remainder of his posts deal with gay life, life in general and whatever competition his netball team is engaged. I am very grateful for his nomination and his endorsement of ReNude Pride. Naked hugs!
Here are the Rules for being a recipient of the Blogger Recognition Award:
- Write a post to show the award.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to his blog. (see above)
- Give a brief story of how your blog started. (see below)’
- Give two pieces of advice for new bloggers.
- Select other bloggers you want to receive this award.
- Comment on each blog and let them know that you have nominated them and provide a link to the award post that you created.
I began publishing ReNude Pride here in January, 2017. Basically the reason for returning to WordPress is that I liked their format and navigation tools. I’d previously composed here before I was censored into oblivion for violating some obscure and puritanically insane rule about content and that to this day I have no idea the exact nature of my transgression. I’d moved to another blogging site but didn’t like their format. After a two year long “cooling-off” period, I decided to return here. My previous blog was entitled A Guy Without Boxers and I published here from 2012 until 2015.
My inspiration for my initial blog: “A Guy Without Boxers.”
My two “words of wisdom” for anyone new to blogging are:
- Create a theme for your blog content and try to adhere to that theme in your blog posts. Everyone is allowed a certain amount of “wiggle-room” when it involves topics, but it is the best policy not to deviate too often. For many of your readers and followers, it is the primary reason they decided to come to your site – the theme appealed to them either out of curiosity or shared personal interest.
- Before you even begin composing posts, decide how much time you can commit to blogging and most importantly. how often you will publish your posts. I’ve committed to posting two days per week, Mondays and Fridays. I will publish more if I can manage the time, but only in a dire emergency (my sudden demise) will I publish less than my two days.
- Bonus advice: All of us, writers or not, have a period of “creative idea drought.” When nothing seems to inspire us, no matter how much we pray, chant, meditate conjure or how often we play the lottery. In those moments, keep a collection of inspirational quotes or images to share with your readers during those moments and get on with your life. The less time wasted on worrying about a creative lapse, the faster creativity will return to you.
My nominees to receive the Blogger Recognition Award are: (following the drum-roll)
At Least Have A Friggin’ Glass authored by galby68 who resides in Oregon, USA, on the opposite coast from me. An openly gay man who writes about looking for love, his bicycle excursions and other aspects of life from his own unique viewpoint. He’s currently recovering from sunburn (I forgot to mail his invite to read my recent post, “Protect Yourself.”) Click on the title to view his site.
Masculine Perspectives authored by my blogging buddy (from my previous life) Renzo (whom I know as Rob). As the title implies, he offers us insights from the alpha-male point of view and is guaranteed to challenge your thinking on topics ranging from sexuality to nudity to politics and anything else related to life. He lives in Michigan, USA and a proud veteran of the Navy service. Click on the title to be linked to his site.
We Are The Gayte Keepers authored by my friend Krishna who hails from The Bahamas. His partner is Noel. He offers news and views on our lives and dilemmas as same gender loving men who are trying to figure out who we are in a fluid and evolving world. I’ve followed him since I first began blogging on blogspot.com in January, 2010. Click the title to visit his blog.
Again, I thank Brent for nominating ReNude Pride for this award. As a Deaf man, I can safely write this: “You left me speechless!” Please remember to take a look at his blog, Pace Of Mind Blog. Don’t forget the blogs of my nominees (above).